Noteworthy,

Lunch at Rosso - Shangri-La Jakarta

4/18/2016 Soya Yanagawa 0 Comments




Never get bored to visit this sexy and romantic restaurant at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta named Rosso. Located at the lobby level of Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, this restaurant will pampered you with their Italian cuisines. I really love their main dining room that exudes the colourful, vibrant yet sophisticated ambience.

Well, you can read my previous review, just by clicking:

On this special occasion, I just want to inform you that Rosso offers you an Italian luncheon every day from 11.30 AM until 02.30 PM. Get indulged with their super premium quality antipasti buffet, choice of main course and dessert, coffee or tea.









I really love the truffle oil scent when I went to their buffet area. Rosso's antipasti buffet only use a premium and high quality ingredients. You can find the selection of antipasti such as cod fish, lamb's leg, assorted cheese, soup, condiments and bread selection. I really want to try it all, coz it looks tempting and delicious. For sure, all of the antipasti were made with perfection.

Ah, I also admire their wonderful collection of premium cheese that you can eat it as many as you can. Surprisingly I really love the parmesan, it has a wonderful milky and sweet taste.. and also the Gorgonzolla!



Aglio Olio Spaghetti with Foie Gras

On the Antipasti buffet, there is 2 station that really eye catching; the salad station and the pasta station. But one thing for sure, the pasta station is the "MUST TRY" station. They offer pasta with assorted condiments like seafood and mushrooms. I really fall in love with their mushroom collection.

Not only that, you can choose the topping too (not only the condiment)! That is why I have ordered some Aglio Olio Spaghetti with pan seared Foie Gras. I also asked to the chef to use mushrooms as the condiments, and it was to die for! I really love the garlicky flavour combine beautifully with the earthy and sweet mushroom. Complemented with the foie gras, really enliven the dish and makes me scream for more.



Tagliata di Manzo IDR 220,000
Australian Beef Sirloin Tagliata with Parmigiano Reggiano Sauce and Spinach 

Australian beef sirloin was served along with sautéed spinach and parmesan cheese cream sauce. The Australian beef itself has a wonderful textures and taste. Even though it was only seasoned with salt and black pepper, it really enliven the protein taste. I really love how the milky and creamy sauce that genuinely complement the sirloin.

Seasoned wise and cooked beautifully makes this tagliata di manzo is simply irresistible.



Barramundi al Cartoccio IDR 150,000
Baked Fish Barramundi with artichoke and Puttanesca Sauce

When you opened the wrapper, wonderful and extraordinary scent of rosemary and olive will welcome you to the world of delicacies. Really love the combination of tomato sauce, anchovies, olives and capers on the puttanesca sauce that really elevate this barramundi with a robust flavour.

One thing for sure, the barramundi was embraced with the savoury and tangy puttanesca sauce. It has a moist texture, refreshing taste and full of fragrance.




Sicillian Cannoli IDR 95,000
With Chocolate Filling and Pistachio Grain

I will always order this famous Sicillian pastry dessert whenever I am in Rosso. This tube-shaped shells of fried pastry dough was filled with chocolate filling. But not only that, it was served along with the Pistachio grain and Pistachio cream sauce. It was amazing! The chocolate taste and the pistachio really collaborate beautifully in my mouth. I really love the sweet, indulging and nutty after taste. My heart fall for this dessert.



Apple Strudle IDR 95,000
With Limoncello and Moscato Zabaione

I know that Apple Strudle has a very high difficulty to make. They have to spread the dough as wide as it can so the dough is so thin and transparent. Cooks say that a single layer should be so thin that one can read a newspaper through it. After that, they put the fillings and start to rolling it.

Actually, this Apple Strudle was served along with a limoncello and moscato zabaione. Limoncello is an Italian lemon liqueur mainly produced in Southern Italy and moscato zabaione is an Italian custard that was made from moscato d'asti. For some people, limoncello can make them drunk easily. Because, the ethanol content can between 38-42%. That is why,  you can change the limoncello with an ice cream.

For me, it was delicious. I thought that I am going to find a strong tangy taste from the apple strudle, in fact, it has a perfect amount of sourness and sweetness. Such a wonderful and mesmerizing dessert from Rosso.


One thing that I really love Rosso is because they also sell their homemade product such as black olive tapenade, sundried tomato pesto, and even their white truffle oil! Oh my goodness.... I really want that truffle oil! haha... maybe next time, because I just found out that they selling their homemade product when I was going back home. Well, I Rosso is definitely one of my favourite Italian Restaurant in Jakarta.

have a great day and Godspeed!


Rosso Italian Restaurant

Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, Lobby Level
Kota BNI, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
JL. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Jakarta 10220, Indonesia

Telephone: +62 21 293 995 80

You Might Also Like

0 Comment: