Bintang,

[RECIPE] Cocktail with Bintang Radler

12/16/2014 soya yanagawa 3 Comments


Hmm.. How should I start this post.. 

Well, It was all happened when I have got this Boston Shaker from one of my best friend as birthday present. He knew that I really love cocktail and always have liquors in my room. He also knows that I always admire bartender.

A bartender is a person who serves usually alcoholic beverages behind the bar. Well, I am amazed with Bartender's multi tasking skills. They make a few drinks, chat with people and maybe even get to dance a bit. To be noted, each and every drink has to be precisely measured and processed.

But I also know that bartending is not always fun. They have the responsibility to take care of their customers; they are the one who tell customer has had enough. I have once heard that one of their responsibilities is to step in when they witness domestic situation, someone attempting to drug another person or someone taking advantage of someone who has had too much to drink. I just thought that stopping someone from hurting themselves or others is a noble thing to do.

OK, back to my story.

My heart soars like an eagle when I found out that he give me a Boston Shaker Set. I have made a promise to him that I will learn how to make a good cocktail and give him the first glass to enjoy it.




When I asked him what is his preference, he said that he is not a biggest fan of bold tasting liquor and he is not into a milky or creamy stuff. So, I just thought that I think I am going to make a cocktail by using Bintang Radler.

I know Bintang Radler has already a great taste and indulging sweetness. But I think I am going to make beverages that can lift up the lemony taste and freshness.

If you want to find out about Bintang Beer you can go to their website at www.multibintang.co.id




On mid 2014, PT Multi Bintang Indonesia Tbk was announced their youngest child on their beer family, Bintang Beer Radler.

Just like it's called, Bintang Radler has 50:50 mixtures of beer and sparkling lemon soda. This Bintang Radler has a strong citrusy flavor and it taste quite sweet and refreshing. For me, this beer was very fit for Indonesians that has a tropical climate.

I have found a situation where some people cannot handle a beverage that had high percentage of alcohol. But sometimes for business or social needs, they have to drink alcohol. Bintang Radler is the best choice for them because its low alcohol percentage (only 2%). 

OK, without any further story here are my experiments:





-----------------------------------------------
LEMONY MELONY STAR
-----------------------------------------------


- Story -
My idea for making this drink was inspired with Italian soda.
I have tried several syrups to be mixed with Bintang Radler. For me, melon syrup has the most beautiful collaboration with the lemony taste of Bintang radler.

- Ingredients -
1 bottle of Bintang Radler
30ml Melon Syrup




- Directions -
I
Pour the melon syrup on tall glass (beer glass)
II
Put some Ice
III
Pour the Bintang Radler


- Taste -
Really suit for light and sweet lover drinks; it has a beautiful combination between melon and lemon. Both of them were complimenting each other and make a wonderful symphony on your taste bud.
It was so refreshing and really suitable for a thirst-quencher from Jakarta's heat.

- Tip -
For more kick, you can change the melon syrup with muskmelon-flavored liqueur






-----------------------------------------------
JOURNEY TO THE STAR
-----------------------------------------------

- Story -
To have something that dipped into your drinks for garnish will be more delightful if edible. From that kind of thought I just want to use marshmallow as the garnish. Because Bintang Radler already has sweet indulgent, I think I am going to use bourbon as the additional ingredient.


- Ingredients -
3 Oz Bintang Radler
Mint leaves
1.5 Oz Bourbon
3 Oz Orange Juice
Marshmallow






- Directions -
I
Put the mint leaves into the Boston Shaker
II
Add the Bourbon into the shaker
III
Mashed the mint leaves
IV
Add the orange juice
V
Add some ice cube
VI
Shake it around 15 sec
VII
Pour into an old fashion glass
VIII
Topped with Bintang Radler
VIII
Garnished with the marshmallow and ready to serve


- Taste -
It was so refreshing! The orange Juice was blended harmoniously with the Bintang Radler. The strong and tough scent and taste mixed perfectly and not overpowering the drink. The mint adds some cold aftertaste on your mouth and the marshmallow that has been dipped into the beverage, really pampering you to the fullest.


- Tip -
For more kick, you can change the orange juice with triple sec



-----------------------------------------------
KISSED BY THE STAR
-----------------------------------------------

- Story -
For this drink, I just want to make a tropical cocktail that really suit with Jakarta's weather. Well, I think about pineapple and with a vanilla fragrant. For presentation, i want to bring the color of summery bright and cheerfulness. So I played a splash of grenadine syrup to bring that sensation. 

- Ingredients -
3 oz of Bintang Radler
1.5 oz of vanilla vodka
3 oz of pineapple juice
splash of grenadine syrup 





- Directions -
I
Pour the Vanilla Vodka into the Shaker
II
Add the pineapple Juice
III
Add the Grenadine Syrup
IV
Add some Ice
V
Shake it around 15 sec
VI
Pour it on the Old Fashion Glass with an Ice Cube
VII
Topped with Bintang Radler and ready to serve


- Taste -
You can taste the tropical sensation on your mouth. Pineapple and Lemon really fit for a thirst-quencher drink. The indulging scent of vanilla really makes your day become brighter and joyful. 



Overall, my experiments went success! My friend really loves all the drinks that I have made for him. I am so grateful that he loves the drinks. Well, I am not a bartender and I only learned from trial and error.... but when I saw his satisfied face.. It really makes me want to make another experience in the future. 

Oh, for your information, you can check Bintang Radler's Website and social media. 

Facebook: bintangradler
Twitter: @bintangradler
Instagram: @bintangradler



Well, Have a great day and Godspeed everyone!



Face book | Twitter | Instagram  |

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. soya..bagus banget sih foto-fotonya. Apalagi pas bagian buat cocktail. Aduhh itu pas banget ke capture objeknya.. superb! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time no blogwalking to your blog and the photos here are freakin amazing! I super love when you capture the mint leaves and the crushed ice. Dayum!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Halo Admin :)

    Saya sangat suka dengan postingan foto-fotonya :)
    Perkenalkan, saya Dewi dari tim kumpulbagi. saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi foto-foto,video,menggunakan hosting yang lain dengan tujuan promosi ? :)
    Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website ini www.kumpulbagi.com untuk info selengkapnya.

    Oh ya, di sana anda bisa dengan bebas mendowload foto-foto,video dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)

    Terima kasih.


    Salam.
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete