Huize Van Wely,

Huize van Wely - The Papilion - Kemang

1/15/2014 Soya Yanagawa 0 Comments



Have you ever heard about Huize van Wely? For your information,  Huize van Wely is the most famous patisserie from Dutch that offers hand-made chocolates, bonbons, truffles, pastries, cakes, sweet and savoury biscuits and ice cream. They have opened their stores on Jl. Kemang Raya and Pacific Place.

I am so grateful that I finally be able to visit their outlet on Jl Kemang Raya.

Located on the 1st Floor of a sophisticated yet elegant stand alone building named The Papilion, Huize van Wely introduce us a bistro style eatery that offers all-time favorite local delights, traditional Japanese cuisine and scrumptious western fare. Every Wednesday, Huize van Wely serve a buffet lunch with different theme every week. They rotate the Indonesian, Western and Japanese theme buffet every week.








The Papilon building itself, designed by local architect Gregorius Yolodi from Design Associates Architect, the iconic glass structure, set against the quaint setting of Kemang continues to charm globe-trotting fashionable trend setters, epicureans and creative tastemakers with its spontaneous, unique and entertaining mix of influences and inspirations from around the World

When I set my foot into this gorgeous building, I am so amazed with their environment. Their modern architect and high ceiling is breathtaking. I can imagine that maybe on a rainy day, I will sit on the sofa and enjoy the scenery while sipping a hot black coffee and eat some cakes or desserts from Huize van Wely






I went to Huize Van Wely on the mid of December, so Christmas is on the air. They decorate their environment with Christmas decoration. If you find something that you like, you can bought it at Living at The Papilion above, an exclusive lifestyle concept store that offers a comprehensive collection of items, such as candles from Baobab Collection, tableware from Secondome, Seletti, iconic italian homeware by Fornasetti, candles and fragrances from Diptyque and many others.






When I came to Huize Van Wely, they were having Japanese buffet theme. You can find Wafu Salad, avocado & beans salad, Chicken with carrot and string beans, rice salad, Assorted Agemono, Soba Noodles, niku tofu, happo sai, chizenni, saikyo yaki with spinach, and many more.

Chef Takahashi Hideaki is the one behind this bistro dishes. You can see his attention to details by looking at his presentation skills. He often to go to the buffet table to monitoring the aesthetics of the dish. 





One thing that I admire the most, Huize Van Wely give us a complimentary bun, fresh from the oven. You have to eat it while it still warm. I really like their texture, it is so fluffy inside with a little crisp on the outside. My favorite is the white bun!








With IDR 250,000 (Nett), you can taste a very indulging buffet with fresh ingredients, wonderful job of cooking and mouth drooling presentation. You have to try their salmon with spinach, I am craving for this one!



The most interesting part from Huize van Wely, is their assorted desserts. Indeed, not all the desserts were include in all you can eat buffet, but you still can taste their wonderful taste cakes and choux. I feel so blessed when I have got the opportunity to taste them all. Every mini cakes was made with perfection, not just the presentation but the taste also. The most delicious dessert that really fit with my appetite is their caramel eclair. It has wonderful textures, and the sweetness is not overwhelming. 






For the drink, I ordered Lychee Ice Tea. The most favorable tea with a hint of lychee sweetness and fruits. This drink accompanying me during that day, so delicious and refreshing.

This thematic buffet lunch from Huize van Wely is available on 11.30 - 15.00, every Wednesday.



Download Huize Van Wely's A la carte menus HERE

Huize Van Wely also serve you with their appealing a la carte. So, if you happened not go there in wednesday during lunch hour, you can try their a la carte menu.






I already told you above, that Huize Van Wely is the most famous patisserie from Dutch that offers hand-made chocolates, bonbons, truffles, pastries, cakes, sweet and savory biscuits and ice cream. Luckily I have got the opportunity to taste their most famous chocolate bonbon and pralines. To tell you the truth... It was heavenly delicious. Indeed they were a little bit pricey but I think its worthy, Because I know that each and every bonbons, truffle, pralines etc was made with perfection from dutch.

I really enjoy my lunch at Huize van Wely, I will obviously come back here for sure to pleasure myself with their indulgence.





Have a great day and Godspeed!

Huize van Wely
The Papilion Building, 1st level
Jl. Kemang Raya No. 45 AA
Kemang, Jakarta Selatan
T. +62 21 719 1975

Facebook: The Papilion
Twitter: @The_Papilion
Instagram: thepapilion

www.thepapilion.com



Face book | Twitter | Instagram | 

You Might Also Like

0 Comment: